- Let the Lord be praised.
Happy is the man who gives honour to the Lord, and has great delight in his laws.
- His seed will be strong on the earth;
blessings will be on the generation of the upright.
- A store of wealth will be in his house, and his righteousness will be for ever.
- For the upright there is a light shining in the dark;
he is full of grace and pity.
- All is well for the man who is kind and gives freely to others;
he will make good his cause when he is judged.
- He will not ever be moved;
the memory of the upright will be living for ever.
- He will have no fear of evil news;
his heart is fixed, for his hope is in the Lord.
- His heart is resting safely, he will have no fear, till he sees trouble come on his haters.
- He has given with open hands to the poor;
his righteousness is for ever;
his horn will be lifted up with honour.
- The sinner will see it with grief;
he will be wasted away with envy;
the desire of the evil-doers will come to nothing.