Happy are they who are without sin in their ways, walking in the law of the Lord.
- Happy are they who keep his unchanging word, searching after him with all their heart.
- They do no evil;
they go in his ways.
- You have put your orders into our hearts, so that we might keep them with care.
- If only my ways were ordered so that I might keep your rules!
- Then I would not be put to shame, as long as I have respect for all your teaching.
- I will give you praise with an upright heart in learning your right decisions.
- I will keep your rules: O give me not up completely.
How may a young man make his way clean?
by guiding it after your word.
- I have made search for you with all my heart: O let me not go wandering far from your teaching.
- I have kept your sayings secretly in my heart, so that I might do no sin against you.
- Praise be to you, O Lord: give me knowledge of your rules.
- With my lips have I made clear all the decisions of your mouth.
- I have taken as much delight in the way of your unchanging word, as in all wealth.
- I will give thought to your orders, and have respect for your ways.
- I will have delight in your rules;
I will not let your word go out of my mind.
Give me, your servant, the reward of life, so that I may keep your word;
- Let my eyes be open to see the wonders of your law.
- I am living in a strange land: do not let your teachings be kept secret from me.
- My soul is broken with desire for your decisions at all times.
- Your hand has been against the men of pride, a curse is on those who go wandering out of your way.
- Take away from me shame and bitter words;
for I have kept your unchanging word in my heart.
- Rulers make evil designs against me;
but your servant gives thought to your rules.
- Your unchanging word is my delight, and the guide of my footsteps.
My soul is joined to the dust: O give me life, in keeping with your word.
- I put the record of my ways before you, and you gave me an answer: O give me knowledge of your rules.
- Make the way of your orders clear to me;
then my thoughts will be ever on your wonders.
- My soul is wasted with sorrow;
give me strength again in keeping with your word
- Take from me every false way;
and in mercy give me your law.
- I have taken the way of faith: I have kept your decisions before me.
- I have been true to your unchanging word;
O Lord, do not put me to shame.
- I will go quickly in the way of your teaching, because you have given me a free heart.
O Lord, let me see the way of your rules, and I will keep it to the end.
- Give me wisdom, so that I may keep your law;
going after it with all my heart.
- Make me go in the way of your teachings;
for they are my delight.
- Let my heart be turned to your unchanging word, and not to evil desire.
- Let my eyes be turned away from what is false;
give me life in your ways.
- Give effect to your word to your servant, in whose heart is the fear of you.
- Take away the shame which is my fear;
for your decisions are good.
- See how great is my desire for your orders: give me life in your righteousness.
Let your mercies come to me, O Lord, even your salvation, as you have said.
- So that I may have an answer for the man who would put me to shame;
for I have faith in your word.
- Take not your true word quite out of my mouth;
for I have put my hope in your decisions.
- So that I may keep your law for ever and ever;
- So that my way may be in a wide place: because my search has been for your orders.
- So that I may give knowledge of your unchanging word before kings, and not be put to shame.
- And so that I may take delight in your teachings, to which I have given my love.
- And so that my hands may be stretched out to you;
and I will give thought to your rules.
Keep in mind your word to your servant, for on it has my hope been fixed.
- This is my comfort in my trouble;
that your sayings have given me life.
- The men of pride have made great sport of me;
but I have not been turned from your law.
- I have kept the memory of your decisions from times past, O Lord;
and they have been my comfort.
- I am burning with wrath, because of the sinners who have given up your law.
- Your rules have been melodies to me, while I have been living in strange lands.
- I have given thought to your name in the night, O Lord, and have kept your law.
- This has been true of me, that I have kept your orders in my heart.
The Lord is my heritage: I have said that I would be ruled by your words.
- I have given my mind to do your pleasure with all my heart;
have mercy on me, as you have said.
- I gave thought to my steps, and my feet were turned into the way of your unchanging word.
- I was quick to do your orders, and let no time be wasted.
- The cords of evil-doers are round me;
but I have kept in mind your law.
- In the middle of the night I will get up to give you praise, because of all your right decisions.
- I keep company with all your worshippers, and those who have your orders in their memory.
- The earth, O Lord, is full of your mercy: give me knowledge of your rules.
You have done good to your servant, O Lord, in keeping with your word.
- Give me knowledge and good sense;
for I have put my faith in your teachings.
- Before I was in trouble I went out of the way;
but now I keep your word.
- You are good, and your works are good;
give me knowledge of your rules.
- The men of pride have said false things about me;
but I will keep your orders in my heart.
- Their hearts are shut up with fat;
but my delight is in your law.
- It is good for me to have been through trouble;
so that I might come to the knowledge of your rules.
- The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver.
Your hands have made me, and given me form: give me wisdom, so that I may have knowledge of your teaching.
- Your worshippers will see me and be glad;
because my hope has been in your word.
- I have seen, O Lord, that your decisions are right, and that in unchanging faith you have sent trouble on me.
- Let your mercy now be my comfort, as you have said to your servant.
- Let your gentle mercies come to me, so that I may have life;
for your law is my delight.
- Let the men of pride be shamed;
because they have falsely given decision against me;
but I will give thought to your orders.
- Let your worshippers be turned to me, and those who have knowledge of your words.
- Let all my heart be given to your orders, so that I may not be put to shame.
My soul is wasted with desire for your salvation: but I have hope in your word.
- My eyes are full of weariness with searching for your word, saying, When will you give me comfort?
- For I have become like a wine-skin black with smoke;
but I still keep the memory of your rules.
- How short is the life of your servant!
when will you give your decision against those who are attacking me?
- The men of pride, who are turned away from your law, have put nets for me.
- All your teachings are certain;
they go after me with evil design;
give me your help.
- They had almost put an end to me on earth;
but I did not give up your orders.
- Give me life in your mercy;
so that I may be ruled by the unchanging word of your mouth.
For ever, O Lord, your word is fixed in heaven.
- Your faith is unchanging from generation to generation: you have put the earth in its place, and it is not moved.
- They are ruled this day by your decisions;
for all things are your servants.
- If your law had not been my delight, my troubles would have put an end to me.
- I will ever keep your orders in mind;
for in them I have life.
- I am yours, O be my saviour;
for my desire has been for your rules.
- The sinners have been waiting for me to give me up to destruction;
but I will give all my mind to your unchanging ward.
- I have seen that nothing on earth is complete;
but your teaching is very wide.
O what love I have for your law!
I give thought to it all the day.
- Your teaching has made me wiser than my haters: for it is mine for ever.
- I have more knowledge than all my teachers, because I give thought to your unchanging word.
- I have more wisdom than the old, because I have kept your orders.
- I have kept back my feet from all evil ways, so that I might be true to your word.
- My heart has not been turned away from your decisions;
for you have been my teacher.
- How sweet are your sayings to my taste!
truly, they are sweeter than honey in my mouth!
- Through your orders I get wisdom;
for this reason I am a hater of every false way.
Your word is a light for my feet, ever shining on my way.
- I have made an oath and kept it, to be guided by your upright decisions.
- I am greatly troubled, O Lord, give me life in keeping with your word.
- Take, O Lord, the free offerings of my mouth, and give me knowledge of your decisions.
- My soul is ever in danger;
but I still keep the memory of your law.
- Sinners have put a net to take me;
but I was true to your orders.
- I have taken your unchanging word as an eternal heritage;
for it is the joy of my heart.
- My heart is ever ready to keep your rules, even to the end.
I am a hater of men of doubting mind;
but I am a lover of your law.
- You are my secret place and my breastplate against danger;
my hope is in your word.
- Go far from me, you evil-doers;
so that I may keep the teachings of my God.
- Be my support as you have said, and give me life;
let not my hope be turned to shame.
- Let me not be moved, and I will be safe, and ever take delight in your rules.
- You have overcome all those who are wandering from your rules;
for all their thoughts are false.
- All the sinners of the earth are like waste metal in your eyes;
and for this cause I give my love to your unchanging word.
- My flesh is moved for fear of you;
I give honour to your decisions.
I have done what is good and right: you will not give me into the hands of those who are working against me.
- Take your servant's interests into your keeping;
let me not be crushed by the men of pride.
- My eyes are wasted with desire for your salvation, and for the word of your righteousness.
- Be good to your servant in your mercy, and give me teaching in your rules.
- I am your servant;
give me wisdom, so that I may have knowledge of your unchanging word.
- It is time, O Lord, for you to let your work be seen;
for they have made your law without effect.
- For this reason I have greater love far your teachings than for gold, even for shining gold.
- Because of it I keep straight in all things by your orders;
and I am a hater of every false way.
Your unchanging word is full of wonder;
for this reason my soul keeps it.
- The opening of your words gives light;
it gives good sense to the simple.
- My mouth was open wide, waiting with great desire for your teachings.
- Let your eyes be turned to me, and have mercy on me, as it is right for you to do to those who are lovers of your name.
- Let my steps be guided by your word;
and let not sin have control over me.
- Make me free from the cruel rule of man;
then I will keep your orders.
- Let your servant see the shining of your face;
give me knowledge of your rules.
- Rivers of water are flowing from my eyes, because men do not keep your law.
O Lord, great is your righteousness, and upright are your decisions.
- You have given your unchanging word in righteousness, and it is for ever.
- My passion has overcome me;
because my haters are turned away from your words.
- Your word is of tested value;
and it is dear to your servant.
- I am small and of no account;
but I keep your orders in mind.
- Your righteousness is an unchanging righteousness, and your law is certain.
- Pain and trouble have overcome me: but your teachings are my delight.
- The righteousness of your unchanging word is eternal;
give me wisdom so that I may have life.
I have made my prayer with all my heart;
give answer to me, O Lord: I will keep your rules.
- My cry has gone up to you;
take me out of trouble, and I will be guided by your unchanging word.
- Before the sun is up, my cry for help comes to your ear;
my hope is in your words.
- In the night watches I am awake, so that I may give thought to your saying.
- Let my voice come to you, in your mercy;
O Lord, by your decisions give me life.
- Those who have evil designs against me come near;
they are far from your law.
- You are near, O Lord;
and all your teachings are true.
- I have long had knowledge that your unchanging word is for ever.
O see my trouble, and be my saviour;
for I keep your law in my mind,
- Undertake my cause, and come to my help, give me life, as you have said.
- Salvation is far from evil-doers;
for they have made no search for your rules.
- Great is the number of your mercies, O Lord;
give me life in keeping with your decisions.
- Great is the number of those who are against me;
but I have not been turned away from your unchanging word.
- I saw with hate those who were untrue to you;
for they did not keep your saying.
- See how great is my love for your orders: give me life, O Lord, in keeping with your mercy.
- Your word is true from the first;
and your upright decision is unchanging for ever.
Rulers have been cruel to me without cause;
but I have the fear of your word in my heart.
- I am delighted by your saying, like a man who makes discovery of great wealth.
- I am full of hate and disgust for false words;
but I am a lover of your law.
- Seven times a day do I give you praise, because of your upright decisions.
- Great peace have lovers of your law;
they have no cause for falling.
- Lord, my hope has been in your salvation;
and I have kept your teachings.
- My soul has kept your unchanging word;
great is my love for it.
- I have been ruled by your orders;
for all my ways are before you.
Let my cry come before you, O Lord;
give me wisdom in keeping with your word.
- Let my prayer come before you;
take me out of trouble, as you have said.
- Let my lips be flowing with praise, because you have given me knowledge of your rules.
- Let my tongue make songs in praise of your word;
for all your teachings are righteousness.
- Let your hand be near for my help;
for I have given my heart to your orders.
- All my desire has been for your salvation, O Lord;
and your law is my delight.
- Give life to my soul so that it may give you praise;
and let your decisions be my support.
- I have gone out of the way like a wandering sheep;
make search for your servant;
for I keep your teachings ever in mind.