- <A Song of the going up.
I was glad because they said to me, We will go into the house of the Lord.
- At last our feet were inside your doors, O Jerusalem.
- O Jerusalem, you are like a town which is well joined together;
- To which the tribes went up, even the tribes of the Lord, for a witness to Israel, to give praise to the name of the Lord.
- For there seats for the judges were placed, even the rulers' seats of the line of David.
- O make prayers for the peace of Jerusalem;
may they whose love is given to you do well.
- May peace be inside your walls, and wealth in your noble houses.
- Because of my brothers and friends, I will now say, Let peace be with you.
- Because of the house of the Lord our God, I will be working for your good.