- <A Song of the going up.
If it had not been the Lord who was on our side (let Israel now say);
- If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, when men came up against us;
- They would have made a meal of us while still living, in the heat of their wrath against us:
- We would have been covered by the waters;
the streams would have gone over our soul;
- Yes, the waters of pride would have gone over our soul.
- Praise be to the Lord, who has not let us be wounded by their teeth.
- Our soul has gone free like a bird out of the net of those who would take her: the net is broken, and we are free.
- Our help is in the name of the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.