- <A Song of the going up.>
Great have been my troubles from the time when I was young (let Israel now say);
- Great have been my troubles from the time when I was young, but my troubles have not overcome me.
- The ploughmen were ploughing on my back;
long were the wounds they made.
- The Lord is true: the cords of the evil-doers are broken in two.
- Let all the haters of Zion be shamed and turned back.
- Let them be like the grass on the house-tops, which is dry before it comes to full growth.
- He who gets in the grain has no use for it;
and they do not make bands of it for the grain-stems.
- And those who go by do not say, The blessing of the Lord be on you;
we give you blessing in the name of the Lord.