- <A Song of the going up.>
Lord, give thought to David, and to all his troubles;
- How he made an oath to the Lord, and gave his word to the great God of Jacob, saying,
- Truly, I will not come into my house, or go to my bed,
- I will not give sleep to my eyes, or rest to my eyeballs,
- Till I have got a place for the Lord, a resting-place for the great God of Jacob.
- We had news of it at Ephrathah: we came to it in the fields of the wood.
- Let us go into his tent;
let us give worship at his feet.
- Come back, O Lord, to your resting-place;
you and the ark of your strength.
- Let your priests be clothed with righteousness;
and let your saints give cries of joy.
- Because of your servant David, do not give up your king.
- The Lord gave a true oath to David, which he will not take back, saying, I will give your kingdom to the fruit of your body.
- If your children keep my word, and the teachings which I will give them, their children will be rulers of your kingdom for ever.
- For the Lord's heart is on Zion, desiring it for his resting-place.
- This is my rest for ever: here will I ever be;
for this is my desire.
- My blessing will be on her food;
and her poor will be full of bread.
- Her priests will be clothed with salvation;
and her saints will give cries of joy.
- There I will make the horn of David fertile: I have made ready a light for my king.
- His haters will be clothed with shame;
but I will make his crown shining.