- <A Psalm.
Lord, I have made my cry to you;
come to me quickly;
give ear to my voice, when it goes up to you.
- Let my prayer be ordered before you like a sweet smell;
and let the lifting up of my hands be like the evening offering.
- O Lord, keep a watch over my mouth;
keep the door of my lips.
- Keep my heart from desiring any evil thing, or from taking part in the sins of the evil-doers with men who do wrong: and let me have no part in their good things.
- Let the upright give me punishment;
and let the god-fearing man put me in the right way;
but I will not let the oil of sinners come on my head: when they do evil I will give myself to prayer.
- When destruction comes to their judges by the side of the rock, they will give ear to my words, for they are sweet.
- Our bones are broken up at the mouth of the underworld, as the earth is broken by the plough.
- But my eyes are turned to you, O Lord God: my hope is in you;
let not my soul be given up to death.
- Keep me from the net which they have put down for me, and from the designs of the workers of evil.
- Let the sinners be taken in the nets which they themselves have put down, while I go free.