A prayer when he was in the hole of the rock.>
The sound of my cry went up to the Lord;
with my voice I made my prayer for grace to the Lord.
- I put all my sorrows before him;
and made clear to him all my trouble.
- When my spirit is overcome, your eyes are on my goings;
nets have been secretly placed in the way in which I go.
- Looking to my right side, I saw no man who was my friend: I had no safe place;
no one had any care for my soul.
- I have made my cry to you, O Lord;
I have said, You are my safe place, and my heritage in the land of the living.
- Give ear to my cry, for I am made very low: take me out of the hands of my haters, for they are stronger than I.
- Take my soul out of prison, so that I may give praise to your name: the upright will give praise because of me;
for you have given me a full reward.