- <A Psalm.
Praise be to the God of my strength, teaching my hands the use of the sword, and my fingers the art of fighting:
- He is my strength, and my Rock;
my high tower, and my saviour;
my keeper and my hope: he gives me authority over my people.
- Lord, what is man, that you keep him in mind?
or the son of man that you take him into account?
- Man is like a breath: his life is like a shade which is quickly gone.
- Come down, O Lord, from your heavens: at your touch let the mountains give out smoke.
- With your storm-flames send them in flight: send out your arrows for their destruction.
- Put out your hand from on high;
make me free, take me safely out of the great waters, and out of the hands of strange men;
- In whose mouths are false words, and whose right hand is a right hand of deceit.
- I will make a new song to you, O God;
I will make melody to you on an instrument of ten cords.
- It is God who gives salvation to kings;
and who kept his servant David from the wounding sword.
- Make me free, and take me out of the hands of strange men, in whose mouths are false words, and whose right hand is a right hand of deceit.
- Our sons are like tall young plants;
and our daughters like the shining stones of a king's house;
- Our store-houses are full of all good things;
and our sheep give birth to thousands and ten thousands in our fields.
- Our oxen are well weighted down;
our cows give birth safely;
there is no going out, and there is no cry of sorrow in our open places.
- Happy is the nation whose ways are so ordered: yes, happy is the nation whose God is the Lord.