- Let the Lord be praised.
Give praise to the Lord, O my soul.
- While I have breath I will give praise to the Lord: I will make melody to my God while I have my being.
- Put not your faith in rulers, or in the son of man, in whom there is no salvation.
- Man's breath goes out, he is turned back again to dust;
in that day all his purposes come to an end.
- Happy is the man who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God:
- Who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all things in them;
who keeps faith for ever:
- Who gives their rights to those who are crushed down;
and gives food to those who are in need of it: the Lord makes the prisoners free;
- The Lord makes open the eyes of the blind;
the Lord is the lifter up of those who are bent down;
the Lord is a lover of the upright;
- The Lord takes care of those who are in a strange land;
he gives help to the widow and to the child who has no father;
but he sends destruction on the way of sinners.
- The Lord will be King for ever;
your God, O Zion, will be King through all generations.
Praise be to the Lord.