- Give praise to the Lord;
for it is good to make melody to our God;
praise is pleasing and beautiful.
- The Lord is building up Jerusalem;
he makes all the outlaws of Israel come together.
- He makes the broken-hearted well, and puts oil on their wounds.
- He sees the number of the stars;
he gives them all their names.
- Great is our Lord, and great his power;
there is no limit to his wisdom.
- The Lord gives help to the poor in spirit;
but he sends sinners down in shame.
- Make songs of praise to the Lord;
make melody to our God with instruments of music.
- By his hand the heaven is covered with clouds and rain is stored up for the earth;
he makes the grass tall on the mountains.
- He gives food to every beast, and to the young ravens in answer to their cry.
- He has no delight in the strength of a horse;
he takes no pleasure in the legs of a man.
- The Lord takes pleasure in his worshippers, and in those whose hope is in his mercy.
- Give praise to the Lord, O Jerusalem;
give praise to your God, O Zion.
- He has made strong the iron bands of your doors;
he has sent blessings on your children inside your walls.
- He gives peace in all your land, making your stores full of fat grain.
- He sends out his orders to the earth;
his word goes out quickly.
- He gives snow like wool;
he sends out ice-drops like dust.
- He sends down ice like raindrops: water is made hard by his cold.
- At the outgoing of his word, the ice is turned to water;
when he sends out his wind, there is a flowing of waters.
- He makes his word clear to Jacob, teaching Israel his laws and his decisions.
- He has not done these things for any other nation: and as for his laws, they have no knowledge of them.
Let the Lord be praised.