- <To the chief music-maker.
The heavens are sounding the glory of God;
the arch of the sky makes clear the work of his hands.
- Day after day it sends out its word, and night after night it gives knowledge.
- There are no words or language;
their voice makes no sound.
- Their line has gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world.
In them has he put a tent for the sun,
- Who is like a newly married man coming from his bride-tent, and is glad like a strong runner starting on his way.
- His going out is from the end of the heaven, and his circle to the ends of it;
there is nothing which is not open to his heat.
- The law of the Lord is good, giving new life to the soul: the witness of the Lord is certain, giving wisdom to the foolish.
- The orders of the Lord are right, making glad the heart: the rule of the Lord is holy, giving light to the eyes.
- The fear of the Lord is clean, and has no end;
the decisions of the Lord are true and full of righteousness.
- More to be desired are they than gold, even than much shining gold;
sweeter than the dropping honey.
- By them is your servant made conscious of danger, and in keeping them there is great reward.
- Who has full knowledge of his errors?
make me clean from secret evil.
- Keep your servant back from sins of pride;
let them not have rule over me: then will I be upright and free from great sin.
- Let the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing in your eyes, O Lord, my strength and my salvation.