- <To the chief music-maker.
May the Lord give ear to you in the day of trouble;
may you be placed on high by the name of the God of Jacob;
- May he send you help from the holy place, and give you strength from Zion;
- May he keep all your offerings in mind, and be pleased with the fat of your burned offerings;
- May he give you your heart's desire, and put all your purposes into effect.
- We will be glad in your salvation, and in the name of our God we will put up our flags: may the Lord give you all your requests.
- Now am I certain that the Lord gives salvation to his king;
he will give him an answer from his holy heaven with the strength of salvation in his right hand.
- Some put their faith in carriages and some in horses;
but we will be strong in the name of the Lord our God.
- They are bent down and made low;
but we have been lifted up.
- Come to our help, Lord: let the king give ear to our cry.