- <To the chief music-maker.
The king will be glad in your strength, O Lord;
how great will be his delight in your salvation!
- You have given him his heart's desire, and have not kept back the request of his lips.
- For you go before him with the blessings of good things: you put a crown of fair gold on his head.
- He made request to you for life, and you gave it to him, long life for ever and ever.
- His glory is great in your salvation: honour and authority have you put on him.
- For you have made him a blessing for ever: you have given him joy in the light of your face.
- For the king has faith in the Lord, and through the mercy of the Most High he will not be moved.
- Your hand will make a search for all your haters;
your right hand will be hard on all those who are against you.
- You will make them like a flaming oven before you;
the Lord in his wrath will put an end to them, and they will be burned up in the fire.
- Their fruit will be cut off from the earth, and their seed from among the children of men.
- For their thoughts were bitter against you: they had an evil design in their minds, which they were not able to put into effect.
- Their backs will be turned when you make ready the cords of your bow against their faces.
- Be lifted up, O Lord, in your strength;
so will we make songs in praise of your power.