- <Of David.>
To you, O Lord, my soul is lifted up.
- O my God, I have put my faith in you, let me not be shamed;
let not my haters be glorying over me.
- Let no servant of yours be put to shame;
may those be shamed who are false without cause.
- Make your steps clear to me, O Lord;
give me knowledge of your ways.
- Be my guide and teacher in the true way;
for you are the God of my salvation;
I am waiting for your word all the day.
- O Lord, keep in mind your pity and your mercies;
for they have been from the earliest times.
- Do not keep in mind my sins when I was young, or my wrongdoing: let your memory of me be full of mercy, O Lord, because of your righteousness.
- Good and upright is the Lord: so he will be the teacher of sinners in the way.
- He will be an upright guide to the poor in spirit: he will make his way clear to them.
- All the ways of the Lord are mercy and good faith for those who keep his agreement and his witness.
- Because of your name, O Lord, let me have forgiveness for my sin, which is very great.
- If a man has the fear of the Lord, the Lord will be his teacher in the way of his pleasure.
- His soul will be full of good things, and his seed will have the earth for its heritage.
- The secret of the Lord is with those in whose hearts is the fear of him;
he will make his agreement clear to them.
- My eyes are turned to the Lord at all times;
for he will take my feet out of the net.
- Be turned to me, and have mercy on me;
for I am troubled and have no helper.
- The troubles of my heart are increased: O take me out of my sorrows.
- Give thought to my grief and my pain;
and take away all my sins.
- See how those who are against me are increased, for bitter is their hate of me.
- O keep my soul, and take me out of danger: let me not be shamed, for I have put my faith in you.
- For my clean and upright ways keep me safe, because my hope is in you.
- Give Israel salvation, O God, out of all his troubles.