- <Of David.>
O Lord, be my judge, for my behaviour has been upright: I have put my faith in the Lord, I am not in danger of slipping.
- Put me in the scales, O Lord, so that I may be tested;
let the fire make clean my thoughts and my heart.
- For your mercy is before my eyes;
and I have gone in the way of your good faith.
- I have not taken my seat with foolish persons, and I do not go with false men.
- I have been a hater of the band of wrongdoers, and I will not be seated among sinners.
- I will make my hands clean from sin;
so will I go round your altar, O Lord;
- That I may give out the voice of praise, and make public all the wonders which you have done.
- Lord, your house has been dear to me, and the resting-place of your glory.
- Let not my soul be numbered among sinners, or my life among men of blood;
- In whose hands are evil designs, and whose right hands take money for judging falsely.
- But as for me, I will go on in my upright ways: be my saviour, and have mercy on me.
- I have a safe resting-place for my feet;
I will give praise to the Lord in the meetings of the people.