- <Of David.>
The Lord is my light and my salvation;
who is then a cause of fear to me?
the Lord is the strength of my life;
who is a danger to me?
- When evil-doers, even my haters, came on me to put an end to me, they were broken and put to shame.
- Even if an army came against me with its tents, my heart would have no fear: if war was made on me, my faith would not be moved.
- One prayer have I made to the Lord, and this is my heart's desire;
that I may have a place in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, looking on his glory, and getting wisdom in his Temple.
- For in the time of trouble he will keep me safe in his tent: in the secret place of his tent he will keep me from men's eyes;
high on a rock he will put me.
- And now my head will be lifted up higher than my haters who are round me: because of this I will make offerings of joy in his tent;
I will make a song, truly I will make a song of praise to the Lord.
- O Lord, let the voice of my cry come to your ears: have mercy on me, and give me an answer.
- When you said, Make search for my face, my heart said to you, For your face will I make my search.
- Let not your face be covered from me;
do not put away your servant in wrath;
you have been my help: do not give me up or take your support from me, O God of my salvation.
- When my father and my mother are turned away from me, then the Lord will be my support.
- Make your way clear to me, O Lord, guiding me by the right way, because of my haters.
- Do not give me into their hands, because false witnesses have come out against me, and men breathing destruction.
- I had almost given up my hope of seeing the blessing of the Lord in the land of the living.
- Let your hope be in the Lord: take heart and be strong;
yes, let your hope be in the Lord.