- <Of David.>
My cry goes up to you, O Lord, my Rock;
do not keep back your answer from me, so that I may not become like those who go down into the underworld.
- Give ear to the voice of my prayer, when I am crying to you, when my hands are lifted up to your holy place.
- Do not take me away with the sinners and the workers of evil, who say words of peace to their neighbours, but evil is in their hearts.
- Give them the right reward of their acts, and of their evil doings: give them punishment for the works of their hands, let them have their full reward.
- Because they have no respect for the works of the Lord, or for the things which his hands have made, they will be broken down and not lifted up by him.
- May the Lord be praised, because he has given ear to the voice of my prayer.
- The Lord is my strength and my breastplate, my heart had faith in him and I am helped;
for this cause my heart is full of rapture, and I will give him praise in my song.
- The Lord is their strength, and a strong place of salvation for his king.
- Be a saviour to your people, and send a blessing on your heritage: be their guide, and let them be lifted up for ever.