- <A Psalm.
When he went in flight from Absalom his son.>
Lord, how greatly are they increased who make attacks on me!
in great numbers they come against me.
- Unnumbered are those who say of my soul, There is no help for him in God.
- But your strength, O Lord, is round me, you are my glory and the lifter up of my head.
- I send up a cry to the Lord with my voice, and he gives me an answer from his holy hill.
- I took my rest in sleep, and then again I was awake;
for the Lord was my support.
- I will have no fear, though ten thousand have come round me, putting themselves against me.
- Come to me, Lord;
keep me safe, O my God;
for you have given all my haters blows on their face-bones;
the teeth of the evil-doers have been broken by you.
- Salvation comes from the Lord;
your blessing is on your people.