- <Of David.
Happy is he who has forgiveness for his wrongdoing, and whose sin is covered.
- Happy is the man in whom the Lord sees no evil, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
- When I kept my mouth shut, my bones were wasted, because of my crying all through the day.
- For the weight of your hand was on me day and night;
my body became dry like the earth in summer.
- I made my wrongdoing clear to you, and did not keep back my sin.
I said, I will put it all before the Lord;
and you took away my wrongdoing and my sin.
- For this cause let every saint make his prayer to you at a time when you are near: then the overflowing of the great waters will not overtake him.
- You are my safe and secret place;
you will keep me from trouble;
you will put songs of salvation on the lips of those who are round me.
- I will give you knowledge, teaching you the way to go;
my eye will be your guide.
- Do not be like the horse or the ass, without sense;
- The sinner will be full of trouble;
but mercy will be round the man who has faith in the Lord.
- Be glad in the Lord with joy, you upright men;
give cries of joy, all you whose hearts are true.