- Be glad in the Lord, O doers of righteousness;
for praise is beautiful for the upright.
- Give praise to the Lord on the corded instrument;
make melody to him with instruments of music.
- Make a new song to him;
playing expertly with a loud noise.
- For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his works are certain.
- His delight is in righteousness and wisdom;
the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- By the word of the Lord were the heavens made;
and all the army of heaven by the breath of his mouth.
- He makes the waters of the sea come together in a mass;
he keeps the deep seas in store-houses.
- Let the earth be full of the fear of the Lord;
let all the people of the world be in holy fear of him.
- For he gave the word, and it was done;
by his order it was fixed for ever.
- The Lord undoes the designs of the nations;
he makes the thoughts of the peoples without effect.
- The Lord's purpose is eternal, the designs of his heart go on through all the generations of man.
- Happy is the nation whose God is the Lord;
and the people whom he has taken for his heritage.
- The Lord is looking down from heaven;
he sees all the sons of men;
- From his house he keeps watch on all who are living on the earth;
- He makes all their hearts;
their works are clear to him.
- A king's salvation is not in the power of his army;
a strong man does not get free by his great strength.
- A horse is a false hope;
his great power will not make any man free from danger.
- See, the eye of the Lord is on those in whose hearts is the fear of him, on those whose hope is in his mercy;
- To keep their souls from death;
and to keep them living in time of need.
- Our souls are waiting for the Lord;
he is our help and our salvation.
- For in him our hearts have joy;
in his holy name is our hope.
- Let your mercy be on us, O Lord, as we are waiting for you.