- <Of David.
When he made a change in his behaviour before Abimelech, who sent him away, and he went.>
I will be blessing the Lord at all times;
his praise will be ever in my mouth.
- My soul will say great things of the Lord: the poor in spirit will have knowledge of it and be glad.
- O give praise to the Lord with me;
let us be witnesses together of his great name.
- I was searching for the Lord, and he gave ear to my voice, and made me free from all my fears.
- Let your eyes be turned to him and you will have light, and your faces will not be shamed.
- This poor man's cry came before the Lord, and he gave him salvation from all his troubles.
- The angel of the Lord is ever watching over those who have fear of him, to keep them safe.
- By experience you will see that the Lord is good;
happy is the man who has faith in him.
- Keep yourselves in the fear of the Lord, all you his saints;
for those who do so will have no need of anything.
- The young lions are in need and have no food;
but those who are looking to the Lord will have every good thing.
- Come, children, give attention to me;
I will be your teacher in the fear of the Lord.
- What man has a love of life, and a desire that his days may be increased so that he may see good?
- Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from words of deceit.
- Be turned from evil, and do good;
make a search for peace, desiring it with all your heart.
- The eyes of the Lord are on the upright, and his ears are open to their cry.
- The face of the Lord is against those who do evil, to take away the memory of them from the earth.
- The cry of the upright comes before the Lord, and he takes them out of all their troubles.
- The Lord is near the broken-hearted;
he is the saviour of those whose spirits are crushed down.
- Great are the troubles of the upright: but the Lord takes him safely out of them all.
- He keeps all his bones: not one of them is broken.
- Evil will put an end to the sinner, and those who are haters of righteousness will come to destruction.
- The Lord will be the saviour of the souls of his servants, and no one who has faith in him will be put to shame.