- <To the chief music-maker.
Of the servant of the Lord.
The sin of the evil-doer says in his heart, There is no fear of the Lord before his eyes.
- For he takes comfort in the thought that his sin will not be uncovered and hated.
- In the words of his mouth are evil and deceit;
he has given up being wise and doing good.
- He gives thought to evil on his bed;
he takes a way which is not good;
he is not a hater of evil.
- Your mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens, and your strong purpose is as high as the clouds.
- Your righteousness is like the mountains of God;
your judging is like the great deep;
O Lord, you give life to man and beast.
- How good is your loving mercy, O God!
the children of men take cover under the shade of your wings.
- The delights of your house will be showered on them;
you will give them drink from the river of your pleasures.
- For with you is the fountain of life: in your light we will see light.
- O let there be no end to your loving mercy to those who have knowledge of you, or of your righteousness to the upright in heart.
- Let not the foot of pride come against me, or the hand of the evil-doers put me out of my place.
- There the workers of evil have come down: they have been made low, and will not be lifted up.