- <To the chief music-maker on corded instruments.
Give answer to my cry, O God of my righteousness;
make me free from my troubles;
have mercy on me, and give ear to my prayer.
- O you sons of men, how long will you go on turning my glory into shame?
how long will you give your love to foolish things, going after what is false?
- See how the Lord has made great his mercy for me;
the Lord will give ear to my cry.
- Let there be fear in your hearts, and do no sin;
have bitter feelings on your bed, but make no sound.
- Give the offerings of righteousness, and put your faith in the Lord.
- There are numbers who say, Who will do us any good?
the light of his face has gone from us.
- Lord, you have put joy in my heart, more than they have when their grain and their wine are increased.
- I will take my rest on my bed in peace, because you only, Lord, keep me safe.