- <To the chief music-maker.
Happy is the man who gives thought to the poor;
the Lord will be his saviour in the time of trouble.
- The Lord will keep him safe, and give him life;
the Lord will let him be a blessing on the earth, and will not give him into the hand of his haters.
- The Lord will be his support on his bed of pain: by you will all his grief be turned to strength.
- I said, Lord, have mercy on me;
make my soul well, because my faith is in you.
- My haters say evil against me, When will he be dead, and his name come to an end?
- If one comes to see me, deceit is in his heart;
he keeps a store of evil, which he makes public in every place.
- All my haters are talking secretly together against me;
they are designing my downfall.
- They say, He has an evil disease, which will not let him go: and now that he is down he will not get up again.
- Even my dearest friend, in whom I had faith, who took bread with me, is turned against me.
- But you, O Lord, have mercy on me, lifting me up, so that I may give them their punishment.
- By this I see that you have pleasure in me, because my hater does not overcome me.
- And as for me, you are my support in my righteousness, giving me a place before your face for ever.
- May the Lord God of Israel be praised, through eternal days and for ever.
So be it.
So be it.