- <A Song.
Of the sons of Korah.>
Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised, in the town of our God, in his holy mountain.
- Beautiful in its high position, the joy of all the earth, is the mountain of Zion, the mountain of God, the town of the great King.
- In its buildings God is seen to be a high tower.
- For see!
the kings came together by agreement, they were joined together.
- They saw it, and so were full of wonder;
they were troubled, and went quickly away in fear.
- Shaking came on them and pain, as on a woman in childbirth.
- By you the ships of Tarshish are broken as by an east wind.
- As it came to our ears so have we seen it, in the town of the Lord of armies, in the town of our God;
God will keep it fixed for ever.
- Our thoughts were of your mercy, O God, while we were in your Temple.
- As your name is, O God, so is your praise to the ends of the earth;
your right hand is full of righteousness.
- Let there be joy in the mountain of Zion, and let the daughters of Judah be glad, because of your wise decisions.
- Make your way about Zion, and go round it, numbering its towers.
- Take note of its strong walls, looking well at its fair buildings;
so that you may give word of it to the generation which comes after.
- Because this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide.