- <To the chief music-maker.
When Doeg the Edomite came to Saul saying, David has come to the house of Ahimelech.>
Why do you take pride in wrongdoing, lifting yourself up against the upright man all the day?
- Purposing destruction, using deceit;
your tongue is like a sharp blade.
- You have more love for evil than for good, for deceit than for works of righteousness.
- Destruction is in all your words, O false tongue.
- But God will put an end to you for ever;
driving you out from your tent, uprooting you from the land of the living.
- The upright will see it with fear, and will say, laughing at you:
- See, this is the man who did not make God his strength, but had faith in his goods and his property, and made himself strong in his wealth.
- But I am like a branching olive-tree in the house of God;
I have put my faith in his mercy for ever and ever.
- I will give you praise without end for what you have done;
I will give honour to your name before your saints, for it is good.