- <To the chief music-maker;
put to Mahalath.
The foolish man has said in his heart, God will not do anything.
They are unclean, they have done evil works;
there is not one who does good.
- God was looking down from heaven on the children of men, to see if there were any who had wisdom, searching after God.
- Every one of them has gone back;
they are unclean: there is not one who does good, no, not one.
- Have the workers of evil no knowledge?
they take my people for food, as they would take bread;
they make no prayer to God.
- They were in great fear, where there was no cause for fear: for the bones of those who make war on you have been broken by God;
you have put them to shame, because God has no desire for them.
- May the salvation of Israel come out of Zion!
When the fate of his people is changed by God, Jacob will have joy, and Israel will be glad.