- <To the chief music-maker;
When the Ziphites came and said to Saul, Is not David keeping himself secret among us?>
Let your name be my salvation, O God;
let my cause be judged by your strength.
- Let my prayer come before you, O God;
give ear to the words of my mouth.
- For men who are going after me have come out against me, violent men are purposing to take my soul;
they have not put God before their eyes.
- See, God is my helper: the Lord is the great supporter of my soul.
- Let the evil works of my haters come back on them again;
let them be cut off by your good faith.
- Freely will I make my offerings to you;
I will give praise to your name, O Lord, for it is good.
- Because it has been my saviour from all my trouble;
and my eyes have seen the punishment of my haters.