- <To the chief music-maker;
put to Al-tashheth.
Is there righteousness in your mouths, O you gods?
are you upright judges, O you sons of men?
- The purposes of your hearts are evil;
your hands are full of cruel doings on the earth.
- The evil-doers are strange from the first;
from the hour of their birth they go out of the true way, saying false words.
- Their poison is like the poison of a snake;
they are like the adder, whose ears are shut;
- Who will not be moved by the voice of the wonder-worker, however great are his powers.
- O God, let their teeth be broken in their mouths;
let the great teeth of the young lions be pulled out, O Lord.
- Let them be turned to liquid like the ever-flowing waters;
let them be cut off like the grass by the way.
- Let them be like an after-birth which is turned to water and comes to an end;
like the fruit of a woman who gives birth before her time, let them not see the sun.
- Before they are conscious of it, let them be cut down like thorns;
let a strong wind take them away like waste growth.
- The upright man will be glad when he sees their punishment;
his feet will be washed in the blood of the evil-doer.
- So that men will say, Truly there is a reward for righteousness;
truly there is a God who is judge on the earth.