- <To the chief music-maker.
On a corded instrument.
Let my cry come to you, O God;
let your ears be open to my prayer.
- From the end of the earth will I send up my cry to you, when my heart is overcome: take me to the rock which is over-high for me.
- For you have been my secret place, and my high tower from those who made war on me.
- I will make your tent my resting-place for ever: I will keep myself under the cover of your wings.
- For you, O God, have made answer to my prayers;
you have given me the heritage of those who give honour to your name.
- You will give the king long life;
and make his years go on through the generations.
- May the seat of his authority be before God for ever;
may mercy and righteousness keep him safe.
- So will I make songs in praise of your name for ever, giving to God that which is right day by day.