- <A Psalm.
When he was in the waste land of Judah.>
O God, you are my God;
early will I make my search for you: my soul is dry for need of you, my flesh is wasted with desire for you, as a dry and burning land where no water is;
- To see your power and your glory, as I have seen you in the holy place.
- Because your mercy is better than life, my lips will give you praise.
- So will I go on blessing you all my life, lifting up my hands in your name.
- My soul will be comforted, as with good food;
and my mouth will give you praise with songs of joy;
- When the memory of you comes to me on my bed, and when I give thought to you in the night-time.
- Because you have been my help, I will have joy in the shade of your wings.
- My soul keeps ever near you: your right hand is my support.
- But those whose desire is my soul's destruction will go down to the lower parts of the earth.
- They will be cut off by the sword;
they will be food for foxes.
- But the king will have joy in God;
everyone who takes an oath by him will have cause for pride;
but the false mouth will be stopped.