- <To the chief music-maker.
It is right for you, O God, to have praise in Zion: to you let the offering be made.
- To you, O hearer of prayer, let the words of all flesh come.
- Evils have overcome us: but as for our sins, you will take them away.
- Happy is the man of your selection, to whom you give a resting-place in your house;
we will be full of the good things out of your holy place.
- You will give us an answer in righteousness by great acts of power, O God of our salvation;
you who are the hope of all the ends of the earth, and of the far-off lands of the sea;
- The God by whose strength the mountains are fixed;
who is robed with power:
- Who makes the loud voice of the sea quiet, and puts an end to the sound of its waves.
- Those in the farthest parts of the earth have fear when they see your signs: the outgoings of the morning and evening are glad because of you.
- You have given your blessing to the earth, watering it and making it fertile;
the river of God is full of water: and having made it ready, you give men grain.
- You make the ploughed lands full of water;
you make smooth the slopes: you make the earth soft with showers, sending your blessing on its growth.
- The year is crowned with the good you give;
life-giving rain is dropping from your footsteps,
- Falling on the grass of the waste land: and the little hills are glad on every side.
- The grass-land is thick with flocks;
the valleys are full of grain;
they give glad cries and songs of joy.