- <To the chief music-maker.
Send up a glad cry to God, all the earth:
- Make a song in honour of his name: give praise and glory to him.
- Say to God, How greatly to be feared are your works!
because of your great power your haters are forced to put themselves under your feet.
- Let all the earth give you worship, and make songs to you;
let them make songs to your name.
- Come and see the works of God: he is to be feared in all he does to the children of men.
- The sea was turned into dry land: they went through the river on foot: there did we have joy in him.
- He is ruling in power for ever;
his eyes are watching the nations: may his haters have no strength against him.
- Give blessings to our God, O you peoples, let the voice of his praise be loud;
- Because he gives us life, and has not let our feet be moved.
- For you, O God, have put us to the test: testing us by fire like silver.
- You let us be put in prison;
chains were put on our legs.
- You let men go driving over our heads;
we went through fire and through water;
but you took us out into a wide place.
- I will come into your house with burned offerings, I will make payment of my debt to you,
- Keeping the word which came from my lips, and which my mouth said, when I was in trouble.
- I will give you burned offerings of fat beasts, and the smoke of sheep;
I will make offerings of oxen and goats.
- Come, give ear to me, all you God-fearing men, so that I may make clear to you what he has done for my soul.
- My voice went up to him, and I was lifted up from the underworld.
- I said in my heart, The Lord will not give ear to me:
- But truly God's ear has been open;
he has give attention to the voice of my prayer.
- Praise be to God who has not taken away his good faith and his mercy from me.