- <To the chief music-maker.
Let God be seen, and let his haters be put to flight;
let those who are against him be turned back before him.
- Let them be like smoke before the driving wind;
as wax turning soft before the fire, so let them come to an end before the power of God.
- But let the upright be glad;
let them have delight before God;
let them be full of joy.
- Make songs to God, make songs of praise to his name;
make a way for him who comes through the waste lands;
his name is Jah;
be glad before him.
- A father to those who have no father, a judge of the widows, is God in his holy place.
- Those who are without friends, God puts in families;
he makes free those who are in chains;
but those who are turned away from him are given a dry land.
- O God, when you went out before your people, wandering through the waste land;
- The earth was shaking and the heavens were streaming, because God was present;
even Sinai itself was moved before God, the God of Israel.
- You, O God, did freely send the rain, giving strength to the weariness of your heritage.
- Those whose resting-place was there, even the poor, were comforted by your good things, O God.
- The Lord gives the word;
great is the number of the women who make it public.
- Kings of armies quickly go in flight: and the women in the houses make a division of their goods.
- Will you take your rest among the flocks?
like the wings of a dove covered with silver, and its feathers with yellow gold.
- When the Most High put the kings to flight, it was as white as snow in Salmon.
- A hill of God is the hill of Bashan;
a hill with high tops is the hill of Bashan.
- Why are you looking with envy, you high hills, on the hill desired by God as his resting-place?
truly, God will make it his house for ever.
- The war-carriage of God is among Israel's thousands;
the Lord has come from Sinai to the holy place.
- You have gone up on high, taking your prisoners with you;
you have taken offerings from men;
the Lord God has taken his place on the seat of his power.
- Praise be to the Lord, who is our support day by day, even the God of our salvation.
- Our God is for us a God of salvation;
his are the ways out of death.
- The heads of the haters of God will be crushed;
even the head of him who still goes on in his evil ways.
- The Lord said, I will make them come back from Bashan, and from the deep parts of the sea;
- So that your foot may be red with blood, and the tongues of your dogs with the same.
- We see your going, O God: even the going of my God, my King, into the holy place.
- The makers of songs go before, the players of music come after, among the young girls playing on brass instruments.
- Give praise to God in the great meeting;
even the Lord, you who come from the fountain of Israel.
- There is little Benjamin ruling them, the chiefs of Judah and their army, the rulers of Zebulun and the rulers of Naphtali.
- O God, send out your strength;
the strength, O God, with which you have done great things for us,
- Out of your Temple in Jerusalem.
- Say sharp words to the beast among the water-plants, the band of strong ones, with the lords of the peoples, put an end to the people whose delight is in war.
- Kings will give you offerings, they will come out of Egypt;
from Pathros will come offerings of silver;
Ethiopia will be stretching out her hands to God.
- Make songs to God, you kingdoms of the earth;
O make songs of praise to the Lord;
- To him who goes or the clouds of heaven, the heaven which was from earliest times;
he sends out his voice of power.
- Make clear that strength is God's: he is lifted up over Israel, and his power is in the clouds.
- O God, you are to be feared in your holy place: the God of Israel gives strength and power to his people.
Praise be to God.