- In you, O Lord, have I put my hope;
let me never be shamed.
- Keep me safe in your righteousness, and come to my help;
give ear to my voice, and be my saviour.
- Be my strong Rock, the strong place of my salvation;
for you are my Rock, and my safe place.
- O my God, take me out of the hand of the sinner, out of the hand of the evil and cruel man.
- For you are my hope, O Lord God;
I have had faith in you from the time when I was young.
- You have been my support from the day of my birth;
you took me out of my mother's body;
my praise will be ever of you.
- I am a wonder to all;
but you are my strong tower.
- My mouth will be full of your praise and glory all the day.
- Do not give me up when I am old;
be my help even when my strength is gone.
- For my haters are waiting secretly for me;
and those who are watching for my soul are banded together in their evil designs,
- Saying, God has given him up;
go after him and take him, for he has no helper.
- O God, be not far from me;
O my God, come quickly to my help.
- Let those who say evil against my soul be overcome and put to shame;
let my haters be made low and have no honour.
- But I will go on ever hoping, and increasing in all your praise.
- My mouth will make clear your righteousness and your salvation all the day;
for they are more than may be measured.
- I will give news of the great acts of the Lord God;
my words will be of your righteousness, and of yours only.
- O God, you have been my teacher from the time when I was young;
and I have been talking of your works of wonder even till now.
- Now when I am old and grey-headed, O God, give me not up;
till I have made clear your strength to this generation, and your power to all those to come.
- Your righteousness, O God, is very high;
you have done great things;
O God, who is like you?
- You, who have sent great and bitter troubles on me, will give me life again, lifting me up from the deep waters of the underworld.
- You will make me greater than before, and give me comfort on every side.
- I will give praise to you with instruments of music, O my God, for you are true;
I will make songs to you with music, O Holy One of Israel.
- Joy will be on my lips when I make melody to you;
and in my soul, to which you have given salvation.
- My tongue will be talking of your righteousness all the day;
for those whose purpose is to do me evil have been crushed and put to shame.