- <Of Solomon.>
Give the king your authority, O God, and your righteousness to the king's son.
- May he be a judge of your people in righteousness, and make true decisions for the poor.
- May the mountains give peace to the people, and the hills righteousness.
- May he be a judge of the poor among the people, may he give salvation to the children of those who are in need;
by him let the violent be crushed.
- May his life go on as long as the sun and moon, through all generations.
- May he come down like rain on the cut grass;
like showers watering the earth.
- In his days may the upright do well, living in peace as long as there is a moon in heaven.
- Let his kingdom be from sea to sea, from the River to the ends of the earth.
- Let those who are against him go down before him;
and let his haters be low in the dust.
- Let the kings of Tarshish and of the islands come back with offerings;
let the kings of Sheba and Seba give of their stores.
- Yes, let all kings go down before him;
let all nations be his servants.
- For he will be a saviour to the poor in answer to his cry;
and to him who is in need, without a helper.
- He will have pity on the poor, and be the saviour of those who are in need.
- He will keep their souls free from evil designs and violent attacks;
and their blood will be of value in his eyes.
- May he have long life, and may gold from Sheba be given to him: may prayers be made for him at all times;
may blessings be on him every day.
- May there be wide-stretching fields of grain in the land, shaking on the top of the mountains, full of fruit like Lebanon: may its stems be unnumbered like the grass of the earth.
- May his name go on for ever, as long as the sun: may men be blessing themselves by him;
may all nations be blessing his name.
- Praise be to the Lord God, the God of Israel, the only doer of wonders.
- Praise to the glory of his noble name for ever;
let all the earth be full of his glory.
So be it, So be it.
- The prayers of David, the son of Jesse, are ended.