- <To the chief music-maker;
put to Al-tashheth.
To you, O God, we give praise, to you we give praise: and those who give honour to your name make clear your works of power.
- When the right time has come, I will be the judge in righteousness.
- When the earth and all its people become feeble, I am the support of its pillars.
- I say to the men of pride, Let your pride be gone: and to the sinners, Let not your horn be lifted up.
- Let not your horn be lifted up: let no more words of pride come from your outstretched necks.
- For honour does not come from the east, or from the west, or uplifting from the south;
- But God is the judge, putting down one, and lifting up another.
- For in the hand of the Lord is a cup, and the wine is red;
it is well mixed, overflowing from his hand: he will make all the sinners of the earth take of it, even to the last drop.
- But I will ever be full of joy, making songs of praise to the God of Jacob.
- By him will all the horns of the sinners be cut off;
but the horns of the upright will be lifted up.