- <To the chief music-maker;
put to Neginoth.
In Judah is the knowledge of God;
his name is great in Israel,
- In Salem is his tent, his resting-place in Zion.
- There were the arrows of the bow broken, there he put an end to body-cover, sword, and fight.
- You are shining and full of glory, more than the eternal mountains.
- Gone is the wealth of the strong, their last sleep has overcome them;
the men of war have become feeble.
- At the voice of your wrath, O God of Jacob, deep sleep has overcome carriage and horse.
- You, you are to be feared;
who may keep his place before you in the time of your wrath?
- From heaven you gave your decision;
the earth, in its fear, gave no sound,
- When God took his place as judge, for the salvation of the poor on the earth.
- The … will give you praise;
the rest of …
- Give to the Lord your God what is his by right;
let all who are round him give offerings to him who is to be feared.
- He puts an end to the wrath of rulers;
he is feared by the kings of the earth.