- <To the chief music-maker on the Gittith.
O Lord, our Lord, whose glory is higher than the heavens, how noble is your name in all the earth!
- You have made clear your strength even out of the mouths of babies at the breast, because of those who are against you;
so that you may put to shame the cruel and violent man.
- When I see your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have put in their places;
- What is man, that you keep him in mind?
the son of man, that you take him into account?
- For you have made him only a little lower than the gods, crowning him with glory and honour.
- You have made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you have put all things under his feet;
- All sheep and oxen, and all the beasts of the field;
- The birds of the air and the fish of the sea, and whatever goes through the deep waters of the seas.
- O Lord, our Lord, how noble is your name in all the earth!