- <A Song.
O God, do not keep quiet: let your lips be open and take no rest, O God.
- For see!
those who make war on you are out of control;
your haters are lifting up their heads.
- They have made wise designs against your people, talking together against those whom you keep in a secret place.
- They have said, Come, let us put an end to them as a nation;
so that the name of Israel may go out of man's memory.
- For they have all come to an agreement;
they are all joined together against you:
- The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites;
Moab and the Hagarites;
- Gebal and Ammon and Amalek;
the Philistines and the people of Tyre;
- Assur is joined with them;
they have become the support of the children of Lot.
- Do to them what you did to the Midianites;
what you did to Sisera and Jabin, at the stream of Kishon:
- Who came to destruction at En-dor;
their bodies became dust and waste.
- Make their chiefs like Oreb and Zeeb;
and all their rulers like Zebah and Zalmunna:
- Who have said, Let us take for our heritage the resting-place of God.
- O my God, make them like the rolling dust;
like dry stems before the wind.
- As fire burning a wood, and as a flame causing fire on the mountains,
- So go after them with your strong wind, and let them be full of fear because of your storm.
- Let their faces be full of shame;
so that they may give honour to your name, O Lord.
- Let them be overcome and troubled for ever;
let them be put to shame and come to destruction;
- So that men may see that you only, whose name is Yahweh, are Most High over all the earth.