- <To the chief music-maker.
Of the sons of Korah.>
Lord, you were good to your land: changing the fate of Jacob.
- The wrongdoing of your people had forgiveness;
all their sin had been covered.
- You were no longer angry: you were turned from the heat of your wrath.
- Come back to us, O God of our salvation, and be angry with us no longer.
- Will you go on being angry with us for ever?
will you keep your wrath against us through all the long generations?
- Will you not give us life again, so that your people may be glad in you?
- Let us see your mercy, O Lord, and give us your salvation.
- I will give ear to the voice of the Lord;
for he will say words of peace to his people and to his saints;
but let them not go back to their foolish ways.
- Truly, his salvation is near to his worshippers;
so that glory may be in our land.
- Mercy and faith have come together;
righteousness and peace have given one another a kiss.
- Faith comes up from the earth like a plant;
righteousness is looking down from heaven.
- The Lord will give what is good;
and our land will give its increase.
- Righteousness will go before him, making a way for his footsteps.