- <A Prayer.
Let your ears be open to my voice, O Lord, and give me an answer;
for I am poor and in need.
- Keep my soul, for I am true to you;
O my God, give salvation to your servant, whose hope is in you.
- Have mercy on me, O Lord;
for my cry goes up to you all the day.
- Make glad the soul of your servant;
for it is lifted up to you, O Lord.
- You are good, O Lord, and full of forgiveness;
your mercy is great to all who make their cry to you.
- O Lord, give ear to my prayer;
and take note of the sound of my requests.
- In the day of my trouble I send up my cry to you;
for you will give me an answer.
- There is no god like you, O Lord;
there are no works like your works.
- Let all the nations whom you have made come and give worship to you, O Lord, giving glory to your name.
- For you are great, and do great works of wonder;
you only are God.
- Make your way clear to me, O Lord;
I will go on my way in your faith: let my heart be glad in the fear of your name.
- I will give you praise, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will give glory to your name for ever.
- For your mercy to me is great;
you have taken my soul up from the deep places of the underworld.
- O God, men of pride have come up against me, and the army of violent men would take my life;
they have not put you before them.
- But you, O Lord, are a God full of pity and forgiveness, slow to get angry, great in mercy and wisdom.
- O be turned to me and have mercy on me: give your strength to your servant, and your salvation to the son of her who is your servant.
- Give me a sign for good;
so that my haters may see it and be shamed;
because you, Lord, have been my help and comfort.