- <To the chief music-maker on Muthlabben.
I will give you praise, O Lord, with all my heart;
I will make clear all the wonder of your works.
- I will be glad and have delight in you: I will make a song of praise to your name, O Most High.
- When my haters are turned back, they will be broken and overcome before you.
- For you gave approval to my right and my cause;
you were seated in your high place judging in righteousness.
- You have said sharp words to the nations, you have sent destruction on the sinners, you have put an end to their name for ever and ever.
- You have given their towns to destruction;
the memory of them has gone;
they have become waste for ever.
- But the Lord is King for ever: he has made ready his high seat for judging.
- And he will be the judge of the world in righteousness, giving true decisions for the peoples.
- The Lord will be a high tower for those who are crushed down, a high tower in times of trouble;
- And those who have knowledge of your name will put their faith in you;
because you, Lord, have ever given your help to those who were waiting for you.
- Make songs of praise to the Lord, whose house is in Zion: make his doings clear to the people.
- When he makes search for blood, he has them in his memory: he is not without thought for the cry of the poor.
- Have mercy on me, O Lord, and see how I am troubled by my haters;
let me be lifted up from the doors of death;
- So that I may make clear all your praise in the house of the daughter of Zion: I will be glad because of your salvation.
- The nations have gone down into the hole which they made: in their secret net is their foot taken.
- The Lord has given knowledge of himself through his judging: the evil-doer is taken in the net which his hands had made.
- The sinners and all the nations who have no memory of God will be turned into the underworld.
- For the poor will not be without help;
the hopes of those in need will not be crushed for ever.
let not man overcome you: let the nations be judged before you.
- Put them in fear, O Lord, so that the nations may see that they are only men.