- Happy is he whose resting-place is in the secret of the Lord, and under the shade of the wings of the Most High;
- Who says of the Lord, He is my safe place and my tower of strength: he is my God, in whom is my hope.
- He will take you out of the bird-net, and keep you safe from wasting disease.
- You will be covered by his feathers;
under his wings you will be safe: his good faith will be your salvation.
- You will have no fear of the evil things of the night, or of the arrow in flight by day,
- Or of the disease which takes men in the dark, or of the destruction which makes waste when the sun is high.
- You will see a thousand falling by your side, and ten thousand at your right hand;
but it will not come near you.
- Only with your eyes will you see the reward of the evil-doers.
- Because you have said, I am in the hands of the Lord, the Most High is my safe resting-place;
- No evil will come on you, and no disease will come near your tent.
- For he will give you into the care of his angels to keep you wherever you go.
- In their hands they will keep you up, so that your foot may not be crushed against a stone.
- You will put your foot on the lion and the snake;
the young lion and the great snake will be crushed under your feet.
- Because he has given me his love, I will take him out of danger: I will put him in a place of honour, because he has kept my name in his heart.
- When his cry comes up to me, I will give him an answer: I will be with him in trouble;
I will make him free from danger and give him honour.
- With long life will he be rewarded;
and I will let him see my salvation.