- <A Psalm.
A Song for the Sabbath.>
It is a good thing to give praise to the Lord, and to make melody to your name, O Most High;
- To make clear your mercy in the morning, and your unchanging faith every night;
- On a ten-corded instrument, and on an instrument of music with a quiet sound.
- For you, O Lord, have made me glad through your work;
I will have joy in the works of your hands.
- O Lord, how great are your works!
and your thoughts are very deep.
- A man without sense has no knowledge of this;
and a foolish man may not take it in.
- When the sinners come up like the grass, and all the workers of evil do well for themselves, it is so that their end may be eternal destruction.
- But you, O Lord, are on high for ever.
- For see!
your haters, O Lord, will be put to death;
all the workers of evil will be put to flight;
- But my horn is lifted up like the horn of the ox: the best oil is flowing on my head.
- My eyes have seen trouble come on my haters;
my ears have news of the fate of the evil-doers who have come up against me.
- The good man will be like a tall tree in his strength;
his growth will be as the wide-stretching trees of Lebanon.
- Those who are planted in the house of the Lord will come up tall and strong in his gardens.
- They will give fruit even when they are old;
they will be fertile and full of growth;
- For a sign that the Lord is upright;
he is my Rock, there is no deceit in him.