- O God, in whose hands is punishment, O God of punishment, let your shining face be seen.
- Be lifted up, O judge of the earth;
let their reward come to the men of pride.
- How long will sinners, O Lord, how long will sinners have joy over us?
- Words of pride come from their lips;
all the workers of evil say great things of themselves.
- Your people are crushed by them, O Lord, your heritage is troubled,
- They put to death the widow and the guest, they take the lives of children who have no father;
- And they say, Jah will not see it, the God of Jacob will not give thought to it.
- Give your mind to my words, you who are without wisdom among the people;
you foolish men, when will you be wise?
- Has he by whom your ears were planted no hearing?
or is he blind by whom your eyes were formed?
- He who is the judge of the nations, will he not give men the reward of their acts, even he who gives knowledge to man?
- The Lord has knowledge of the thoughts of man, for they are only a breath.
- Happy is the man who is guided by you, O Jah, and to whom you give teaching out of your law;
- So that you may give him rest from the days of evil, till a hole is made ready for the destruction of the sinners.
- The Lord will not give up his people, or take away his support from his heritage;
- But decisions will again be made in righteousness;
and they will be kept by all whose hearts are true.
- Who will give me help against the sinners?
and who will be my support against the workers of evil?
- If the Lord had not been my helper, my soul would quickly have gone down into death.
- If I say, My foot is slipping;
your mercy, O Lord, is my support.
- Among all my troubled thoughts, your comforts are the delight of my soul.
- What part with you has the seat of sin, which makes evil into a law?
- They are banded together against the soul of the upright, to give decisions against those who have done no wrong.
- But the Lord is my safe resting-place;
my God is the Rock where I am safe.
- And he has made their evil designs come back on themselves, cutting them off in their sin;
the Lord our God will put an end to them.