- The song of Songs, which is Solomon's.
- Let him give me the kisses of his mouth: for his love is better than wine.
- Sweet is the smell of your perfumes;
your name is as perfume running out;
so the young girls give you their love.
- Take me to you, and we will go after you: the king has taken me into his house.
We will be glad and full of joy in you, we will give more thought to your love than to wine: rightly are they your lovers.
- I am dark, but fair of form, O daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.
- Let not your eyes be turned on me, because I am dark, because I was looked on by the sun;
my mother's children were angry with me;
they made me the keeper of the vine-gardens;
but my vine-garden I have not kept.
- Say, O love of my soul, where you give food to your flock, and where you make them take their rest in the heat of the day;
why have I to be as one wandering by the flocks of your friends?
- If you have not knowledge, O most beautiful among women, go on your way in the footsteps of the flock, and give your young goats food by the tents of the keepers.
- I have made a comparison of you, O my love, to a horse in Pharaoh's carriages.
- Your face is a delight with rings of hair, your neck with chains of jewels.
- We will make you chains of gold with ornaments of silver.
- While the king is seated at his table, my spices send out their perfume.
- As a bag of myrrh is my well-loved one to me, when he is at rest all night between my breasts.
- My love is to me as a branch of the cypress-tree in the vine-gardens of En-gedi.
- See, you are fair, my love, you are fair;
you have the eyes of a dove.
- See, you are fair, my loved one, and a pleasure;
our bed is green.
- Cedar-trees are the pillars of our house;
and our boards are made of fir-trees.