- How beautiful are your feet in their shoes, O king's daughter!
The curves of your legs are like jewels, the work of the hands of a good workman:
- Your stomach is a store of grain with lilies round it, and in the middle a round cup full of wine.
- Your two breasts are like two young roes of the same birth.
- Your neck is as a tower of ivory;
your eyes like the waters in Heshbon, by the doorway of Bath-rabbim;
your nose is as the tower on Lebanon looking over Damascus:
- Your head is like Carmel, and the hair of your head is like purple, in whose net the king is prisoner.
- How beautiful and how sweet you are, O love, for delight.
- You are tall like a palm-tree, and your breasts are like the fruit of the vine.
- I said, Let me go up the palm-tree, and let me take its branches in my hands: your breasts will be as the fruit of the vine, and the smell of your breath like apples;
- And the roof of your mouth like good wine flowing down smoothly for my loved one, moving gently over my lips and my teeth.
- I am for my loved one, and his desire is for me.
- Come, my loved one, let us go out into the field;
let us take rest among the cypress-trees.
- Let us go out early to the vine-gardens;
let us see if the vine is in bud, if it has put out its young fruit, and the pomegranate is in flower.
There I will give you my love.
- The mandrakes give out a sweet smell, and at our doors are all sorts of good fruits, new and old, which I have kept for my loved one.