- In that day there will be a fountain open to the family of David and to the people of Jerusalem, for sin and for that which is unclean.
- And it will come about on that day, says the Lord of armies, that I will have the names of the images cut off out of the land, and there will be no more memory of them: and I will send all the prophets and the unclean spirit away from the land.
- And if anyone goes on acting as a prophet, then his father and his mother who gave him life will say to him, You may not go on living, for you are saying what is false in the name of the Lord;
and his father and his mother will put a sword through him when he does so.
- And it will come about in that day that the prophets will be shamed, every man on account of his vision, when he is talking as a prophet;
and they will not put on a robe of hair for purposes of deceit:
- But he will say, I am no prophet, but a worker on the land;
for I have been an owner of land from the time when I was young.
- And if anyone says to him, What are these wounds between your hands?
then he will say, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.
O sword, against the keeper of my flock, and against him who is with me, says the Lord of armies: put to death the keeper of the sheep, and the sheep will go in flight: and my hand will be turned against the little ones.
- And it will come about that in all the land, says the Lord, two parts of it will be cut off and come to an end;
but the third will be still living there.
- And I will make the third part go through the fire, cleaning them as silver is made clean, and testing them as gold is tested: and they will make their prayer to me and I will give them an answer: I will say, It is my people;
and they will say, The Lord is my God.